A SUSTAINABLE ORGANISATION
CLICS, THE CULTURE THAT WE LAUNCH IN FAVOUR OF SAFETY AT WORK
Preventive measures are part of our activities at CB Group. In 2010 we have launched a safety process that evolves around 5 key values:
This process should lead to a zero accident situation thanks to a change in behaviours; risk analysis should motivate this change in behaviour. The first step of this process is the managers’ and sharehloders’ commitment in all of the Group’s boards and within each business unit. The clear and well described rules are put in place, with espacially:
- Installation of a totem pole at the main entrance of each site that states the safety rules as well as the number of days with no lost time accident.
- Creation of working groups to write the safety rules organised by themes: work equipment, alcoholic beverage and addiction, traffic…
- Creation of a safety welcome board for new employees and sub-contractors.
- Introduction of tidiness and cleanliness rules.
- Operators reporting about dangerous working situations and how to act in case of safety risks.
- The target of 3500 days with no lost time accident reached at CB2M.
SAFETY IN OUR EVERY ACTS
Prevention is an integral part of the Group’s activities.
We reduce exposure to risks by analysing each accident, incident and near-accident and by analysing our risk taking.
We foster a shared EHS culture by:
- Involving managers and operational staff.
- Dedicating time to safety: monthly prevention activities, annual EHS day…
- Developing internal courses and the principle of shared vigilance.
We seek to improve every person’s behaviour by:
- Fostering and rewarding best practices and innovations.
- Inciting exemplarity through compliance with our 10 safety commandments.
- Encouraging everyone’s presence in the field (through visits to observe behaviour for example).
The CB Group is commited to carry out an appropriate safety policy. With the clear target of zero accident, the prevention policy applied is a key factor in our operating performance.